Friday, November 7, 2008

A "Thank You" Cone

The Princess has the best teacher in the whole wide world! She lets me volunteer as much as I want (and makes me coffee too). She gives the Princess hugs when she is missing her Mommy. She takes time out of her busy schedule to talk to me about any issue that comes up. She allows me to use my teaching degree and read with the kids, which I just love. She calls me at home to keep me updated. She does fun learning activities so the kids stay focused. She is VERY patient both with the kids and us parents. But, most of all, she genuinely cares about her students. She makes sure that each child gets what they need to succeed and is an advocate for each child. We love her.
I often bring in little gifts and candy for her but I wanted to make something special. I have seen these cones for holidays and decorations so I thought I would make one to put some quality dark chocolate in for our teacher.
I made a cone out of scrapbooking paper. I glued a tassel inside the cone before I glued it shut. Then I hot glued a ribbon around the top and on top of that I glued fabric flowers. I put eyelets in both sides and inserted a wire that I had wrapped around a dowel to make it curly into both eyelets. Finally I tied matching ribbon to the wire. I found a frame card that says "Thank You" and put in a picture of the Princess and our Teacher. I wrote her a heart felt note and I will attach it to the front of the cone. I hope she likes it!

No comments: